Wednesday, March 6, 2013


Angela

Art 11

3/4/13

Homework #4


 In art class here at Bronx Community College we have been discussing the differences of Ancient Egyptian and Ancient Greek. We were asked to give our opinion as well as defend the Greek Styles of art. In order to support my opinion I will provide evidence that I have learned   from art class.

            During the discussion in art class I was able to learn why in today society people prefer Ancient Greek art instead of Ancient Egyptian art. I recall from the discussion we had in class many reasons why people prefer Ancient Greek art instead of Ancient Egyptian. One of those reasons is that the sculpture that the Ancient Greek made in the past was more realistic as opposed as Ancient Egyptian.

I noticed that the Ancient Greek care about physical perfection. One the different of the Ancient Greek is that they legs were longer because they wanted to be equal with the upper body structure.  I also learned that no human being in real life will ever have a perfect body structure. From the discussion in class I also recall that the Ancient Greek desired to exaggerate facial structure.

So what we have learn in art about the Ancient Greek, I believe that  by now we know  many reason why people prefer Ancient Greek but one reason that impacted  me was when in art class the professor said that the Ancient Greek wanted their sculpture of  human body to be physically perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment